photo by Katarina Benzova
1. What would you do if you just learned that you only have 6 months to live? — Time has a way of focusing you on what really matters. Are you wasting your time?
2. Is what you are doing something that you should be doing? — You have to decide what’s right for you. And deep down you know if you’re on course or just wasting your time.
3. Do you currently have the skills required to fulfill your goals? — There is always something new to learn. The truth is that you can’t be “clueless” and a champion at the same time.
4. What difference will it make if you are successful? — What would you feel? What would be different in your life? The journey is tough, but it helps to keep you going when you know why it’s worth it.
5. What would you do if you won $1 million today, and had absolutely no limitations on what you could be? — Money changes everything in life. It might be holding you back right now.
6. Do you need any help to achieve your goals? — Be brutally honest with yourself. Can you do this all by yourself? Or do you need the contacts, strategy, or the financial support of others?
7. What are your 5 most important values in life right now? — Beliefs matter in life. They make you powerful. They make decisions easier. If you don’t believe in anything you won’t achieve anything.
8. Do you have enough time to reach your goal? — If you can’t get your plane in the air before the end of your runway, you crash. It doesn’t matter what you were thinking when you’re up in flames.
9. What have you always dreamed about doing, but were afraid to try? — It’s probably something you might call “crazy.” Maybe it’s time to start working on that. Maybe it’s what you have been missing.
10. Do you want it badly enough, and are you willing to pay the price to get it? — Big dreams take big “guts.” You can’t be amazing and a coward at the same time. You’ve got to “want it” — badly.
11. What impact will it have on your life if you don’t achieve this goal? — Maybe you don’t really care about what you say you care about as much as you say you do. If failure is tolerable, it’s likely.
12. Are you being brutally honest with yourself? — There is no room for lying to yourself. You know what’s true, and even though you don’t need to share that truth with anyone else, you don’t need to put your head in the sand.
13. What do you actually do each day that matters? — Take a look at your calendar. Take a look at your list of tasks to do. What are you doing each day that truly matters?
14. What have you accomplished in the past that you thought was impossible at the time? — If you did the impossible before, you can do it again. If you haven’t, you can start now.
15. What do you really want? — The questions is not “what do you tell everyone else that you want,” but what. do. you. want. That matters. Because if you don’t want it, you’re just going through the motions.
16. What new friends or mentors do you need in your life to get you where you need to be? — You need people in your life to help you get to where you want to be. Are you working on those relationships?
17. What scares you the most? — You know the answer to this. There are circumstances that immediately drive you into panic mode — times when you feel hopeless and helpless. What is that for you?
18. Are you tough enough to keep going? — Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is just you grinding out the details in the middle of the night. If today was the day that you were going to win, would you have shown up?